18.5.15

Bargain Bettie Sets Off!



Hi there!  My name's Sarah (your Bargain Bettie on here!) and I figured I'd use this post to introduce myself and explain what you can expect from my adventures!  I'm a twenty-something gal born, raised, and living in New Jersey.  I'm the older sister to three knucklehead brothers (a.k.a my best buddies), have the biggest sweet tooth there is, and love all things retro.  I have multiple hobbies; I like DIY projects and love reading and baking, but one stands out among them all: SHOPPING.  (If you ask those close to me, they'd say it's more like an addiction than a hobby!) Not only do I love shopping, but I love shopping SMART.  I literally will do almost anything to make the perfect "Find"; an amazing item (or items) for a price that makes you feel like a kid walking downstairs on Christmas morning.  I love spending hours sifting through racks at a thrift store, getting my boots muddy at a rummage sale in the rain, and getting up at the crack of dawn to be first in line at a sample sale.  My goal is to visit all of the consignment shops, vintage and thrift stores, and rummage sales I can in New Jersey, and report back to you!  


Some things I want to mention before I start my adventures:


·         I am not an extreme couponer, and will not buy crappy things or things I don’t want/need just because they are amazingly cheap.  Part of making a smart purchase is that I’ll actually make use of it, and it actually fits into my life (unlike 2,000 packs of tic-tacs cause they’re free).  


·         This blog will cover my finds in every category! Clothes, makeup, furniture, knick-knacks, kitchenware, you name it!  I’m always down for a good buy!


·         Online is not off-limits!  If I know of an awesome online sale, coupon, or deal with some of my favorite places to shop, I’ll be sure to spread the love and let you know!


·         Sometimes my “Finds” will not necessarily be cheap or inexpensive.  One thing I’ve learned from my mama is that you get what you pay for.  Sure, who doesn’t want to find a vintage designer bag for a few bucks?  But the reality is, finding an amazing vintage piece for $100, or a few $100, could still be considered a steal.  Even if it’s not, it could still be worth the big bucks to you


·         I LOVE RECOMMENDATIONS! If you have a go-to store where you buy all of your vintage, if you know of a place where the owner becomes your best friend, if you haven’t found good deals anywhere else, LET ME KNOW!  My list of places to visit is always growing.


With that being said, let the adventures begin…..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2015 - Designed by Pictures and Paragraphs