29.8.17

Summer Sundays in New Hope - Night Bird Vintage

Obviously I have a love of all things vintage, and you better believe that includes vintage cars.  Since I was a little girl I've always loved car shows or cruise nights, admiring cars from the past that have been kept or refurbished to look like new again.  My sweetheart is a big fan as well, and we have a summer tradition of attending the New Hope Auto Show that takes place every August in New Hope, PA.  We love to spend the day together perusing the show, and then walk around town, grab a bite to eat, and, of course, do a little shopping!

This year we had the absolute greatest time!  There were so many great cars - foreign and American, modern and vintage.  Everyone was in great spirits - we had so many pleasant conversations with owners who were happy to point out features of their cars and explain some history.  One owner was so generous - he invited us to sit in the driver's seat of his gorgeous 1960 Corvette!  I think the grin on my boyfriend's face perfectly portrays how excited we were.


My other favorite car of the day was this 1957 Chevy Nomad (can you tell I'm a Chevy girl?).  The color is called "Canyon Coral".  Talk about swoon!


My sweetie and I always talk about wanting to own a vintage car one day.  Who knows, maybe there will eventually be a Bargain Bettie post about a new ride!

If you've never been, New Hope is an adorable town that sits right on the Delaware River.  It's an eclectic, welcoming town with tons of great little restaurants and shops.  On Tuesdays and Saturdays nearby there is a Flea Market my friends and I have gone to since we were in high school.  Between that and the stores right in town you can easily spend an entire day shopping New Hope!

One store I always pop into is Night Bird Vintage.  The store is off of a side street, and you need to walk down an alleyway with steps to get in the door on the side of the building.  The shop is small in size, but packed wall to wall with vintage.  It's organized by clothing type (jackets, dresses, women's tops, men's tops, etc.), but that's about where the order stops, so get ready to dig!


I always enjoy perusing Night Bird because of the fun patterns.  Even though I'm more of a 1950's girl when it comes to cut and style, I'm a huge sucker for the bold, colorful 70's plaids and patterns.  Night Bird carries a good range of items from all decades 50's-90's, so there's bound to be something for everyone.

My find of the day was this fun dress, which I'm really excited to wear when it gets to fall and winter!  I'm loving that retro plaid is in for this fall, and this dress fits the bill.



Overall Night Bird is a worthwhile stop when visiting New Hope, but I will say that prices are a little higher than some of my other favorite stores.  Also, be prepared that there is only one dressing room.  For a store with minimal space it's not surprising, but on a busy Sunday there was a line of people waiting to try on while I was taking my turn.  I was interested in a bunch of items, but ended up not trying them on because I didn't want to take everyone's time, or didn't want to wait in line again.  Either be prepared to be in this position on a fair weathered weekend day, or try to hit up Night Bird on a weekday!

This shop is just the tip of the iceberg of all of the fun you can have in New Hope.  Definitely be on the lookout for a post on some of my other favorite spots in the area!

Until the next adventure!

xoxo, Bettie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2015 - Designed by Pictures and Paragraphs